Akki....Gotukola sambal is your favourite so I will start with that...
what you need..
- one bunch of fresh gotukola (select the ones with roots and not the bunches sold only with leaves)
- 5 nos red onions (small rathu lunu) finely sliced finely
- 2 medium size green chilies chopped Finley
- 1 table spoon of Maldive fish flakes
- juice of half of a lime
- salt to taste
- half a cup of grated fresh coconuts.
Clean the Gotukola by removing the roots and yellow colour leaves (if any) and wash them three times in running water in a colander and let the Gotukola drain.
- Chop Gotukola on a cutting board to 3mm size pieces and put into a bowl.
- add finely chopped red onions, green chili, Maldive fish and salt and mix gently without crushing gotukola to avoid extraction of bitter juices.
- add lime and then grated coconut and gently mix and serve.
Always crush the finely chopped onions on the chopping board with you fingers before you add them to the salad.